If you haven’t heard of the Hillywood show and their super awesome parodies then you HAVE to check out their YouTube channel.
Sisters Hilly and Hannah Hindi parody blockbuster films like Twilight and Pirates of the Caribbean as well TV shows and celebrities such as The Vampire Diaries, Lady Gaga and yes…Doctor Who (David Tennant even knows who they are!!!! jealous!!)
1) Your Doctor Who parody is amazing, how long did it take to plan and produce?
2) How did you come up with the idea and concept for it?
Hilly thought of the idea and then presented it to Hannah. Time Warp was so appropriate for Doctor Who!
3) David Tennant knows who you are (squueee!!! jealous!!), that must be an amazing feeling. Do you know of any other Doctor Who stars who have seen your videos?
Yes, we were thrilled when we learned that David Tennant had seen the parody! Amazing! And yes, it’s been seen by Noel Clarke, Freema Agyeman, Nicholas Briggs, and more!
4) What first got you into doing parodies?
We had created small episodes starting in 2006-2008 and we noticed we weren’t growing very much so Hilly decided to simply do a parody based on Twilight alone. It was our first parody and it would be our last, but overnight, we gained over 100,000 views! It was a sign from heaven not to stop!
5) Who is your favourite Doctor?
The 10th, of course!
6) What do you each love most about Doctor Who?
It’s constantly changing and allows your imagination to soar. It’s just so entertaining!
7) What’s next for the Hillywood Show?
We are touring! We love meeting our fans and we are so grateful to attend conventions! It’s always a wonderful experience!
8) Will you be coming to any conventions in New Zealand soon?
Possibly! However, we will keep our fans updated!
9) Hillary, you bear such a striking resemblance to the 10th Doctor in your videos. You seem to transform…If you were the Doctor, where in time and space would you most like to go and why?
Take a visit to the Garden of Eden to meet Adam and Eve. 🙂
Check out their awesome Doctor Who Time Warp Parody.
Thanks Hily and Hannah. I can’t wait to see your future projects 🙂